Monday, February 3, 2014

February CURRENTLY

Hi, Everyone,
It's been a while since I've posted,  I know. I guess you can say that I've been in a sort of wintertime funk. I'll explain later in the post. Today I'm motivated by all the cool blogs I've been reading, and so I'm linking up with Farley for February's Currently. This will be the start of a series of posts this week since I'm actually taking the time to post. I have had a lot of great ideas, just haven't taken the time to do it. I hope I'm not the only one.

Today we are home on another Snow Day! This makes another of many days this winter so far. I can't even remember how many, counting all the two-hour delays. 

Here's the scoop on the Currently:

Listening: All day I've been listening to the local news coverage on our latest winter storm. We've had a lot of them so far this winter, but this one claims to be the one bringing the most snow. My husband got out the yard stick, and sure enough, we have about 5 1/2 inches so far, and the snow isn't scheduled to stop for about another hour or so.

Loving:  I'm loving being home for another snow day! There's something wonderful about getting that robo phone call early in the morning announcing, "Schools are CLOSED." Today I actually slept in. That was great because it was a rather late night for me because we went to a Super Bowl Party. I was so hyped when I got home from all the food and iced tea that I drank so it took me quite a while to fall off to sleep. That was a very welcome call this morning.

Thinking: Now I'm thinking about when our school year will actually end. We've had so many snow days this year that our Spring Break has been shortened to only about two and a half days or less. I wonder if we will have to add this day to the end of the year now. UGH!

Wanting: My husband tells me that our snow blower needs a new spark plug. That's not good because the snow is really heavy and pretty deep. That means we will have to get out the shovels today. Boy I wish that snow blower was working.

Needing: Without a snow blower now, I need to be a good wife and help the hubby shovel. So I offered to help shovel and didn't get a decline :-(  This is not one of my favorite things to do since we have a pretty large driveway.

2 Truths and a Fib:
1. Snow days are awesome!  TRUE. I love snow days. They're beautiful and I get to lounge around all day in my PJs. I get to PIN my heart out, read my favorite blogs on Bloglovin', stay on Facebook without feeling guilty and even take a nap during the course of my day. Yippee!

2. I absolutely love winter time. FALSE. I'm a dead of the summer baby. I was born in early August so I  prefer the hot balmy days of summer over the frigid cold days of winter. I love summer. The hotter the better. Winter time throws me into a funk.

3. This is my favorite time of year. TRUE. This is my favorite time of year. Especially when we get a ton of snow days. We get quite of few of them here in the northeast. Since the winter Christmas Break, we've worked very few full school days over the past month or so.


Staying Warm and Cozy,
Lori




1 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Farley's linky. I'm a summer baby too! I was born at the beginning of September, and I cannot stand to be cold! I'm home on a snow day today, and as much as I like the surprise days off, I'd take the heat of summer any day over the frigid cold! Have a great week! Hope it warms up for both of us soon!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples

    ReplyDelete

Type your message here